This home study program provides 6 NBCC Continuing Education Contact Hours.
Recorded at a live training.
Using Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy With Children
Rarely do mental health professionals see CBT trainings related to children. Attendees will learn:
• The difference between CBT with Adults and with Children
• How to engage children when they do not want therapy
• How to engage parents to be involved in the therapeutic process when they are reluctant to
do their part
• How to analyze the child’s behavior to identify patterns
• How to identify reinforcers and discouragers
• How to teach children the cognitive model of emotions and behaviors
• How to know which thought disputing techniques are appropriate in relation to the child’s cognitive
• How to develop new replacement thoughts for children to practice
• How to use play therapy to assess and teach
• Powerful behavioral techniques to encourage cognitive, behavioral, and emotional change