The Client's Guide to Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy is a companion manual for people receiving cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is a very instructivel approach to therapy. For those participating in CBT, The Client’s Guide to Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
is an invaluable resource. Author Aldo R. Pucci guides you step-by-step through the therapy process, reinforcing what the cognitive-behavioral therapist teaches during therapy sessions. Written in an easy-to-understand style, this comprehensive guide includes information on the following topics:
- Identifying and overcoming factors that affect progress in therapy
- Setting and achieving goals
- The actual cause of emotional distress and behavioral problems
- Identifying and refuting problem thoughts
- Common mental mistakes that cause emotional distress and behavioral problems
- Developing new, healthy thoughts and behaviors
- Practicing new, healthy thoughts and behaviors so that they become automatic
- Obtaining long-term results.
Although The Client’s Guide to Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
is designed for people receiving counseling, it is also helpful for those seeking a self-help approach to their personal problems and concerns.